To be eligible to participate in the CIRC Program, students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Current community college student (Must have completed at least one semester) attending a community college in Los Angeles County
• Qualify as a student from an underrepresented group as defined by either A OR B:
A) Identify as a member of one of the following racial/ethnic groups:
o Black or African American
o Hispanic or Latinx
o American Indian or Alaska Native
o Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
B) Have a disadvantaged family background, defined as either 1 OR 2 below:
1) any of the following: having been or currently being homeless, were or currently are in the foster care system, were eligible for the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program for two or more years, have/had no parents or legal guardians who completed a bachelor’s degree (e.g., “First-Generation”), were or currently are eligible for Federal Pell grants, received support from the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children
2) coming from an educational environment such as that found in certain rural or inner-city environments that has demonstrably and directly inhibited the individual from obtaining the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to develop and participate in a research career.
• US citizen or permanent resident
• Have taken at least one college course in the general domains listed below:
• Have a composite grade point average of 3.2 or above in this coursework.